New friends in a new city

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Dam Square

I met up with Clara and Vihn in the hostel bar at 10:00 am. Our original plan was to rent some bikes and travel around the city thet way, but the weather was no good. Vihn had to go to get wires for his computer, so Clara and I set off on our own for an hour or so. We walked around the small streets and canals looking for the thinnest house in Amsterdam. We tried to find it's location on the internet, but couldn't come up with anything, so we just set out to wander around in search of the one meter wide house. We didn't find it, but had a good time wandering around, getting to know each other and marveling at the architecture. I mentioned to her the the buildings in Amsterdam looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie, she agreed.

We met Vihn back at the hostel, and decided to sit around for a while to wait out the weather, which had turned from bad to worse. While sitting around chatting and drinking, we met Hiro and Yoshi, two graphic artists from Japan. We all left the hostel together to check out the coffeeshops. They were very interesting, to say the least.

The night ended with us back at the hostel, sharing drinks and laughs. My new friends and myself.

The Red Light District