Hiking Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre Travel Blog

Cinque Terre means "The Five Lands", aptly named for the five small towns that dot the coast line and are connected by several hiking paths. The towns are, in order from south to north, Riomaggiore, Maranola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. There are no cars allowed in any of the towns.

I did the hike from Riomaggiore to Vernazza, but was cut short from going to the last town, Monterosso because a storm came in. This is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been to! I never want to leave! The photos speak for themselves. The people here are very friendly too.. I think I said "ciao" to almost every person on the walking path, with a giant smile on my face.

After the long but rewarding hike, I went out to dinner with two of my roommates, Rachael and Jillian. It was absolutely amazing! We all shared our dishes with eachother. Dinner consisted of Penne with eggplant and tomato sauce, Fettucini with pesto sauce (the pesto sauce here is to die for), and a pizza with tuna, onions and eggplant. Sooo good!

After dinner, we celebrated Rachael's birthday with drinks at a local bar.

ariel444 says:
glad you loved cinque terre! it's one of my favorite places on the planet! stay safe!
Posted on: Apr 16, 2009
janetbassett says:
What fabulous pictures, Justin! I can see why you are loving it. You certainly seem to be meeting a lot of interesting people along the way. It doesn't sound like you have any time to feel lonely or bored.
Aunt Janet
Posted on: Apr 07, 2009
JScott81 says:
I didn't feel the earthquake, but it happened at 3 in the morning, so I think I might have been asleep by that time anyway.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2009