EuropeItalyRome

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears! (or in this case, your eyes)

Rome Travel Blog

They say that Rome wasn't built in a day. I can definitely concur!

Today, I visited the Ancient City of Rome. And boy oh boy, is it ancient. The Ancient City consists of The Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, and The Colosseum and other various areas around those spots. I spent most of my time there today. Just knowing that I was walking in places that Emperors walked was enough to blow mymind. Everything there is ridiculously old. Older than old. It's, well, ancient. Strolling around the Roman Forum was probably the highlight of the day.

After hanging out in the Ancient City, I came back to my hostel to find three new faces there. Marta, Sieda (I'm not sure if I'm spelling that correctly), and Donetella all on a visit from Milan, though Marta is originally from Peru, and Sieda is originally from Morocco. We talked for a while and got to know eachother, and we have plans to go sight seeing together tomorrow. They said that my accent is hard to place, since I have elements from the north and the south in my speech. I guess I never even really realized I had an accent..

I just got done eating at a nice little pizzaria (yes, I'm eating pizza..) and am about to go out and experience Rome's night life, of which I hear there's a lot.

I think tomorrow I'm going to watch the Pope's annual Good Friday precession to the Colosseum, but it's not set in stone.

jeffgarris says:
Justin, you are my hero. You're off in foreign lands, seeing the sights, meeting people from all over the globe and taking in all of the history. I must see Rome before I die. Just thinking about all that has happened right where you standing is enough to blow my mind too, let alone actually standing there. Have the time of your life!

- Jeff
Posted on: Apr 17, 2009
Aunt_Marsha says:
Hi Justin ... I didn't realize that this trip was such an affair ... Next time can you bring an old lady along?

Love,

Aunt Marsha
Posted on: Apr 11, 2009
Mom_Dad says:
Your pictures are great! It looks like the weather has improved. You look like you are having fun and like Katie said the beard looks good. I'm enjoying your blog and it's fun to read everyone's comments as well. Don't forget to call on Easter.
Love Mom