Glasgows Famous Gallon Club outing to Anstruther

Anstruther Travel Blog

Glasgows famous Gallon Club sen off on a historic memory lane trip back to Anstruther in Fife as it was 34 years since I had last visited the lovley little fishing village in Fife.Former merbers who travelled were Dougie(Chairman) myself(Vice Chairman) George,Andy,Alex,Deek(Craig),wee Geo.Wesy and new member Alan. Trip started off at 9.03am with a Desparado beer-bottled larger laced with tequila(GFGC nation drink). A few beer later and a few toilet stops we arrived at Anstruther and once checked in to the Smugglers Inn headed out to bars to see Rangers Vs Hamilton footy game.Few more beers and few bars later we headed back to get ready fr the night life as we were to met at 7.30pm ish for party and kareoke in the Smugglers Inn but three member never made it.
Alex Deek and wee Geo(who were staying at a differnt hotel) fell asleep and missed a great night with such songs as Coldplay,Mac the Knife and Living next door to Alice being sung by the GFGC members then after staying up in the residents bar till 2.10am time for bed.Up at 7.56am and straight on with the party music supplied by myself and my roomy Andy but this we due to the fact that we were probably still drunk from the night before haha.Had breakfast with Alan and Dougie - others didnt make breakfast mmmm wonder why haha. After a brisk walk along the lovley harbour and front it was time to sample the Ship Taverns local delights which lasted till about 6pm before heading back to the Smugglers for a farewell drink. Many thanks go to the staff at the Smugglers for putting up with us but especially to our mini bus driver Brian for all the stops on the way home-- he truly is the "Captian of our Ship"