Some charity poker at Latech!

Ruston Travel Blog

Our table

The student association of Latech had organized a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament for Charity benefiting DART that would take place on October 23rd. I recently discovered Texas Hold'em and I am since then a big fan. Having earned 8 M+ chips at Facebook Poker I thought this would be a great chance to test my luck in real life! Buy ins were a six-roll bag of toilet paper, so I set myself to go!

I arrived kind of early and so I won a movie poster. I was assigned to Table 4 and I was happy that everybody at the table was very cool and talkative. My first hand were Poket Aces so I thought this would be a great evening. I obviously made everybody fold that hand and won a nice pot. Unfortunately my good luck pretty much ended with that hand and even though I had poket aces later again, I didn't win a big pot that time. Two hours went by and I was willing to take higher risks and I went all in for K-9 of clubs. The flop had A-spades and some thrash. By then I knew I had made a bad decision since somebody could have a pair of A's, and that was the case. At least I wasn't the first to leave the table. I wish I had more luck, but it was fun! Next time I play live it will be at Shreveport's Horseshoe casino!

montecarlostar says: