First Night, Galway

Galway Travel Blog

Our GPS had been set for the B&B so we decided to check-in before heading out to eat.  We stayed at the Ardwin B&B, which my friends Erin and Ed had stayed in during their trip a few years back.  They had positive reviews in their travel blog so I knew mostly what to expect.  It wasn’t until we arrived that I discovered this was the first B&B I have ever stayed in.  The owner was nice enough, but not very bubbly.  I was tired so I was thankful to not have to hold a conversation.  It was also early evening and we had not had a bite to eat since the 5am breakfast on the plane so we quickly dropped off our stuff and headed out.

After a bit of walking around, we settled for a meal at The Front Door.  The place was really interesting with several different rooms, each with their own bar.  After the food settled, we headed out onto the pedestrian streets and walked around a bit, visiting a few shops here and there.  It was drizzling on and off so we decided to then head back to the B&B to relax for a while.  After a couple hours of downtime, we headed back to a pub for a couple drinks and traditional music.

By the time we returned to the B&B, I was completely out of energy and couldn’t wait to go to sleep.  It felt good to turn in for the night.

After such a long 36-hours the day before (with the time change), it was no wonder that we overslept the next morning.  We headed down for breakfast well after 9am where we met two other occupants of the B&B - a couple of girls from New York and a couple of ladies from another part of Ireland.  We chatted with both but did not stay long.  We had a busy day of driving ahead of us and we couldn’t afford any more delays.  We quickly returned to the room, finished getting ready and got on the road.
Galway