Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher Travel Blog

We arrived at the Cliffs and parked in the lot.  I suppose I didn’t know what to expect but was a bit surprised at the set up.  According to my mother, things had changed since her visit several years ago.  The paths were paved and there were stairs leading to the key areas.  The weather was not bad but not as bright as I wish it could have been.  There was an overcast and a lot of my photographs are a bit grey.  The views, however, were amazing and we spent a good deal of time taking photos and enjoying the views.   I thought the signage around the area was fantastic.  Nothing beats a sign with illustrations of people falling off a cliff.

We did a bit of shopping in the gift shops and I bought an Aran knit hat, some chocolate for Pontip and my mom bought a map in Gaelic.  We left the store and headed to the parking lot only to find it was “cash only” so I ended up having to run up to the store to use the ATM only to find it out of order for like 20 minutes.  By the end of the run back to the car, I was eager to just sit back and relax for a while — and I certainly had time to do so as it was several hours before our next destination.

Cliffs of Moher