Nice Day in Stockholm, In search of a hockey match...

Stockholm Travel Blog

A bit of a hangover, but not too bad... by this time in my trip I am used to it lol

Now I didn't get a chance to meet my friend Mira the last time I was in Stockholm last summer, so I was happy to finally meet her after we have been chatting ever since I joined this site.  We meet at a nice restaurant for some smoothies on Droggingatan, and since it was a very nice day we decided to take a walk in the park, eat some ice cream!

Sweden was scheduled to play today, and being both HUGE hockey fans we venture off to find a bar that shows the game.  We figure Sweden is a huge hockey loving country how hard can this be... RIGHT? NOOOOO!!!

First bar we stop at, Oleary's... showing Italian Football

Second bar... showing English Football

Third bar... handball??? REALLY???

We did find a bar that told us they would switch to the Sweden hockey match after the football, so we end up hanging out, enjoying a few drinks, having a great time together not even realizing that they never switched the game for us lol

Had a lot of fun hanging out with Mira, even if we never watched the game haha

Back at the hostel, I met a bunch of people from all over Sweden who came down to watch the Metallica concert, which was on the day I leave... that just sucks :(

I had a plan to go to the airport the next day and change the ticket so I can stay for the concert, which would have been sweet... As soon as I get to the airport in the morning I was told that there aren't any flights in economy left until the following sunday, what? If I wanted to fly out before then I would have to upgrade to business class, would cost me 1,000 usd!!! For that cash I can fly back to Europe and catch a concert lol...

photo by: Chokk