My 22 hour bus odyssey from Vienna to Vilnius begins, wait give me back my passport...

Warsaw Travel Blog

I am taking a loooong bus ride from Vienna to Vilnius which will take me through the entire Poland, I think I will speak polish by the time the trip is over lol...

So the start of the trip wasn't too bad besides at one rest stop having to turn all the way back because one of the girls was left back at the stop, still shopping!

Ok more interesting things happened on the way to Vilnius... 5 hours into the trip we stop at the Polish Border to get checked! Our bus manager was in a hurry to keep up with the schedule so he urged the police officer that there is no need to check EVERYONE on the bus is Lithuanian! ((Idiot!) Well the police officer obviously didnt believe him and went on to collect ALL NON LITHUANIAN Passports! He took a large stack of passports off the bus and back to his car, obvious to check if he can give us some sort of a fine or something...

30 minutes later, the police officer comes by the car, just hands off the passports to the managers and the BUS IS OFF!

So we are 300 meters down the highway as the bus manager is handing out the passports and all I could think about is, WHAT IF MY PASSPORT IS NOT THERE! I AM STUCK IN EUROPE!

Ok I got my passport and all is good again... well until realizing that I am stuck on this unconfortable bus for another 17 hours lol

photo by: EmyG