Brisbane city

Brisbane Travel Blog

Well seems like God answered my prayers of whether I should stick out the farm work in the unbearable heat or quit and go to brisbane earlier than planned to find work. On wednesday night I was told the farmer thought the heat was slowing my work rate down so i was no longer needed! I was actually quite pleased lol BUT it meant I needed to find a job as I am very low on money.

I booked a week in a hostel here in Brisbane and the city is quite cool...a few bridges over the river which is shaped a bit like the thames....has a man made beach and a public lagoon (was soooo nice sunbathing there today!...yup thats right..its still hot enough to sunbathe, infact it was 30 degress today!),plenty of smart cafes and restaurants and malls. On Saturday I went looking for work and only handed out my CV to 3 shops but most of the day I was trecking about getting an Australian sim and unlocking my phone and also typing my cv up at the library where its free to use the comp.

This week is pretty big in my eyes because I really need to find a job and I would definitely be willing to stick around here for a while and save up money to spend later this year in the south of OZ and maybe NZ..

Ive met tons of different people from different countries and im staying in a 8 bed doorm at this hostel so ive shared the room with scousers,irish,german girls, dutch girls bla bla but no one really stays round for ages. Going to the pub with scousers to watch united v liverpool was NOT fun..especially as most of the pub were scousers too.

Plan for tomorrow is to go to an agency to try and find some work!