Short review of cruise with Caribbean Princess

Caribbean Travel Blog

Piton Mountains St Lucia
My review of Caribbean princess 3-1-9 to 3-8-9.  My first cruise ever and it was great..
My group did not participate in the dining rooms, only the buffet, and I think Horizon Court was better than Caribe cafe, imho. I definitely like the afternoon buffet better than the evening, but that is  just me, basic buffet food. It was called afternoon light snacks(something like that) but had alot of choices. That was over at 5:30pm. My group(excluding me) enjoyed the seafood buffet that was Held on the first Formal night- I guess that is a downer though to some. Formal Monday and Friday. We did not see any of the shows, however I do wish I went to the staff talent show, I saw it on reruns on TV and looked like it was good.
Marigot Bay St Lucia
The casino was way to much fun for us. we also enjoyed the sailaway party and there was an island party that was nice. I do wish they had other evening things up there at the tradewinds area. We went up there one evening and all was closed, so back to casino we went.  We tried to get to the trivia's but they were at odd times for us. We made one and were not very good at it. Bingo was fun, we almost made all of those. Only wish they played more games. My only complaint was they seemed to have some of the fun stuff we wanted to do(trivia's, passenger feud) at times we could not around 4 or 5 pm. We were just getting back to ship after being ashore, and just couldn't make them. The casino bartenders were very nice and entertaining- Jason and Wayne, we had fun with them.
We did a tour in St Lucia and St Thomas.
Marigot Bay St Lucia
our Antigua tour was cancelled due to weather.
St. Lucia The Catamaran ride to see the Piton was excellent. Saw some dolphins on our way there and the view of the mountains was awesome. The next part was bus rides up and down the mountain villages to Sulphur springs and an old plantation. The bur ride was scary. They pass each other on the turns with no guard rails. felt like we were traveling the same road over and over turn after turn. It was just crazy. On that tour Best of St Lucia by land and sea, we could have done without the Sulphur springs or the Plantation, but still nice.
 In St. Thomas we did the Photography tour. We got lots of nice photo ops of the island at Mountain top and Paradise point and it ended at Emerald bay/beach.
Marigot Bay St Lucia
Nice place to swim for our last beach experience.
In Barbados we got a taxi tour for $20 each with a wonderful driver named Melvin. he took us to a few old churches and the wilderness place and then dropped us off at Carlisle bay. Awesome place to swim, there were sand dollars everywhere in there. The beach are at the Lobster Alive place was a little crowded and alot of people selling their jewelry, they were annoying. But this was my favorite beach we went to on the trip.
In Antigua we took a rip off taxi tour. The guy showed us none of the things we requested, Shirley heights and something else, we did however got taken to the airport and a ferry spot out to an island. We asked him to drop us off at Runaway Bay Beach about 5 times.
He said it was busy there but would take us. We were dropped off at a beach and were disappointed. Very crowded and hardly any beach to lay on. Sandals was there. Got in the water, was not clear and said this is awful, thought Runaway was supposed to be clear and calm. So we asked someone what beach we were on. Dickenson Bay. ripped off. So we left without feeling bad about our driver coming back for us, since he disregarded our wishes. Hopped a cab to Runaway and that was awesome. A little more wavy than usual I think, but that is probably due to the overnight weather. Hardly a person there with facilities and no people selling junk.
In Tortola  we had our excursion cancelled due to rough seas,So we slept in till weather cleared. we were to go to the Baths and missed it, guess I will have to go back.  We then took a taxi ride around and saw some sights.
dolphins near Pitons
dolphins near Pitons
some neat trees at a plantation
some neat trees at a plantation
St Lucia
active volcano- Sulphur springs St…
active volcano- Sulphur springs S…
waterfall at volcano St Lucia