Cambodia Visit

Siem Reap Travel Blog

Our flight was to Siem Reap coming from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My first impression of the airport is that is was small compared to the other airports I have seen. The weather was a lil bit cooler that I expected. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel shuttle. On our way to the hotel, I noticed that the road is unpaved and structures were very simple. I even asked my friend if we're on the right track which is actually futile since it was also her first time in Siem Reap. Anyway, we arrived at the hotel and it was very quaint...very pretty and not too large, but it has a swimming pool and a moderately sized receiving area. We had a tour guide that will take us to the different temples around Siem Reap. We choose the 3 day visitor's pass to the temple. We paid $60 for that 3 day pass. Even though Siem Reap is not the capital of Cambodia, it is where tourist usually flocked because of the world famous Angkor Wat. We visited the temple for women, and it was such a pretty temple with  pink walls and fine carvings. The highlight of the tour is visiting Angkor Wat. The guide told us that we should be ready by 4am as he would want us to see the sun rising at the temple. Even though we went there by about half past 4 in the morning, many people are already there with their camera, ready to snap into immortality the beauty of the Angkor Wat.