The starting point

Bucharest Travel Blog

In front of my house
The weather was lovely. I made the last check ups, put the luggage on the motorcycle and set off to meet Marcos and Cornelia in the intersection called Doamna Ghica (Bucharest). We waited about 15 minutes for them to arrive; they were late because Marcos forgot to bring his knee pads for Cornelia.

We left Bucharest to meet Skywalker in Bacau and Pacasac in Siret.

The destination for the first day was Siret, a small town near the border of Romania with Ukraine. When Marcos arrived he had to get an international insurance for his bike, available in Ukraine and The Moldavian Republic and he was lucky to find an insurance agent in the intersection where we met.

After that we set forth but Marcos and I have different styles of riding the motorcycles so we decided to meet in Bacau. The E85 road goes through the Moldavia (east part of Romania). Is in a very good condition and urges you to high speed, but the police know that so the put radars all over it.

Skywalker's motorcycle is in the picture to the right. He had a compact luggage sticked on the passenger's seat and a tankbag. Unfortunately, he put a thermos that dripped in the tankbag so his maps were compromised but it was not a big problem because we all had maps.
Meeting with Skywalker