First Stop

Dumbraveni Travel Blog

Alexandr Vasilievici Suvorov
I saw this statue that I knew nothing about it and I took the chance to have a well-deserved cigarette.

What this statue represents?

Alexandr Vasilievici Suvorov, count of Ramnic and prince of Italy (born on November 24th 1729 in Moscow, deceased on May 18 1800) was the fourth and last of the Russian Generalissimo. One of the few great generals in history who never lost a battle, he was famed for his manual “The Science of Victory”. In 1788 Alexandr Suvorov defeated the Turks in Focsani and Ramnic. After these victories he was raised to the rank of generalissim and got the title of Count of Ramnic.

The rest

I've been driving for about 120 km and felt the need of a brake to relax but I also took the opportunity to check the motorcycle. I checked:

* The chain
    * The oil
    * The wheel (I had changed the ball bearings just before I left home and it's good to make sure that there are still there)
    * the cooling liquid -the screws from plastics (they tend to unscrew from the vibration)

The first bad news

While we were here to take some pictures, I noticed that my cell phone had missed calls. It was Marcos. He had recently changed the fork's seal rings on his motorcycle but did it wrong so now he was in Focsani, waiting for us to get there because he needed my help to fix this problem.
photo by: Baiazid