Downtown after the rain

Los Angeles Travel Blog

is a bit chill and crisp but beautiful. It is probably the only few time where you can see the perfect blue sky and dream away among the puffy white clouds. When I didn't have a car, I walked to downtown quite often. I didn't mind the cars so much then. Now, it's perfectly clear. The air is crisp. It actually feel great to breath in Los Angeles. As I walked from the music center down to first street, I resented every bus and car that passed me by.

In the late 18th century, Los Angeles boast the healthiest place in the nation with its beautiful sun. Shortly after that, the industrialization began to take place. The very street from Figueroa to Union, and Temple to First, were once an oil field owned by the Doheny, who lived on the Westside and gave little regard the air pollution that the East Side people experienced (East of Main street is consider Eastside.) The Belmont High school locate more toward the Union on First. When they wanted to build a new school to relieve the current overcrowded school at a site 2 block down, half way through the construction, they found the soil to be toxic due to the oil spills from early 1900s.