Bangkok airport

Bangkok Travel Blog

here i am in some random internet cafe being charged 5quid for one hours internet just so i can email my family to say that i am alive and not as yet gassed out by some pro thaskin protester.  Bangkok, well i am only at the airport, and all i can say is how shiney and white and alloy it is, this place is huge, it has everything you need and want.  the most important thing being ATM whoop tho i went quite high with my numbers and ended up taking out a little bit too much, but i can pay 2weeks at Karon beach with that and should be ok for food and beer etc.  My phone does work in Bangkok which is excellent news. as i can not only keep in touch with the family but also special ppl i care about too.  I do hate waiting long hours just to check in my bag, ugh, its like i never seem to get decent hours between flights, i get giant huge hours between flights.  Its now 9.20am and i fly at 1pm grrrr.  i doubt i can check in till 10am.  I just want to be off and in my room with a double bed and shower, and sleep like i have never slept before.  This is becoming very tiring all this larking about.  The plane getting here, was dead, hardly anyone flying to Bangkok, but i guess with all our Embassys saying dont travel stay away, i would imagine lots of ppl not showing up at there hotels and missing flights? i am glad i choose to leave Bangkok and go south soon as, i just couldnt be doing with that whole taxi rubbish, you read so many hostile things about taxi drivers in bangkok and none of it is pleasent. well in a few hours i shall be in Karon beach Phuket, i cant wait.
photo by: halilee