Mati City- A place away from home

Mati City Travel Blog

WHERE??? that was the first word I questioned my husband. He will be assigned in MATI, DAVAO ORIENTAL (he's in sales San Miguel Brewery). Though, I heard about the place, I never imagined that I will stay in this place, even in my dreams. But what can I do? this is his job. Whether I like it or not, WE will be transferring in Mati and we don't know until when..  As we were travelling to Mati, I was already amazed with its views. The mountains, the beaches, friendly people. I was beginning to like the place already. We stayed at Casa Rosa on the first 3 days and I recommend you to stay at Casa Rosa (87-811 4082) if ever you plan to visit Mati. We had a sumptous lunch at Seaside restaurant (87-3883544). I just love their grilled panga and sizzling squid! Empanada is one of their delicacy also. Every Sunday we visit every beaches and tourist spots here in Mati. My being homesick just fade away. By the way, were from lligan City (12 hours drive going to Mati). I will be updating you every now and then with our adventures here in Mati.

-ndlbl says:
Mati is accessible by air, sea, land transportation and Davao City serves as the entry point. it is 165 kms from the Davao International Airport - a leisurely 2.5 hr. ride. vans for hire are readily available at Gaisano Mall of Davao and commuter bus regularly leaves the Davao Terminal every 30 mins.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2010
ice9van says:
wow! i love mati. been there once pa lang pero super nag-enjoy ako. body surfing!
Posted on: Mar 13, 2009
ellechic says:
You're close by Davao City and Pearl Farm!
Posted on: Mar 12, 2009