Nouakchott Travel Blog

Until now I hadn't been very lucky when it comes to business trips. Most of my colleagues had been to company branches in central and eastern Europe several times. The first time I made it abroad was two weeks ago, for a course in Rome (blog coming up).  When a colleague suggested to take me to Mauritania for an implementation as a trainee, I thought:  Where is Mauritania? And secondly: yeah right, that will never happen.
Looking up the location of Mauritania was easy enough, but I still had to wait more than a month thinking something would come up to spoil my trip.
It did happen (no surprise to you of course, since there wouldn't be a blog  if it didn't).

We were staying in Nouakchott, the capital. It's in the Sahara and that was  noticeable everywhere in the city. If they would stop sweeping the streets for a month, it would be a dessert again. I've added some aerial pictures I found on the internet to give you an idea.

Andy99 says:
Really enjoyed your travel journal on Mauritania. It's a country few of us will be able to visit. Thanks for sharing your impressions and photos.
Posted on: Jun 07, 2007