My stomach rules my world

Ketchikan Travel Blog

Silan disobeying the rules and 'parking.'
When you're on a trip, you no longer have to think about making reservations or planning for this and that. Instead, you think about food. On the ferry back from Haida Gwaii we had french fries and gravy. And the chocolate milk. Who can forget that. In Prince Rupert we went straight for breakfast at Timmy Ho's (Tim Horton's). I had the most amazing breakfast sandwich. Lunch was tomato soup, bread, and cheese. And for dinner, roasted chicken, potato salad & macaroni salad (fantastic coupon discovery).

Our first day in Alaska was nice but I pretty much wrote about food again. Lunch at Chico's Mexican Restaurant. I don't recall dinner but today. Wow. Lunch was random but delicious: penne and corned beef. If corned beef were it's own food group, I would be happy because I could have it every single day.

Most importantly, dinner. Probably the most fantastic invention of our trip: chick peas, corn, avocado, pita & taco seasoning. And don't forget Alaskan Beer.

(Oh, and we also did the Deer Lake Hike. It was only about a mile and a bit but big elevation. We were so excited to reach the top only to find it infested with flies. Gross. We also wandered around our beautiful campground and had a singing fest. Disney songs are fun.)
Silan disobeying the rules and pa…
Silan disobeying the rules and 'p…
YUM. Chilled beer.
YUM. Chilled beer.
Ahhhh so good.
Ahhhh so good.
We are geniuses.
We are geniuses.
The best of everything.
The best of everything.
Our treat for finishing the hike.
Our treat for finishing the hike.
Deliciousness.