Who doesn't like musicals?

Jasper Travel Blog

Gotta love the mountains.
After a long hot shower and an extremely healthy breakfast (think McDonald's), we made our way to the public library. We used the free wifi to take care of some bills and do research on Alberta. It was going to be my first time to Jasper/Banff as well as the stampede. It's nice to also read up on the news because we had no idea what was going on in the world. The Big Sur is on fire so we'll have to play that part of the trip by ear. We went in search of avocados and tonic water to go along with the Beefeater before grabbing lunch at Subway.

Today's drive wasn't too far. We listened to musicals almost the entire way. I surprised even myself with how many lyrics I still know. I love Les Miserables after all these years. And Avenue Q. We threw some Disney classics in to the mix as well.
Singing in the car always makes me smile.

We got to the campsite and made a race out of setting up. I had to register our campsite while Silan set up the tent. I almost gave myself a small heart attack but I won! Woohoo! After an early dinner we drove up to Miette Hot Springs. It was fun people watching. This group that was mostly mothers and daughters made for good conversation. We couldn't believe how a mom would let her daughter dress so inappropriately. Anyway, the pools themselves were nice. It felt like being in a hot tub. The cold pools on the other hand were miserable. It was like stepping in to an ice bath. I couldn't resist giving it a shot though I did regret it afterwards.

Tomorrow's going to be a busy day. We're going to try and see all the sites so we can make it to the Calgary Stampede on Friday!
Jasper Hostels review
Normal campground
The camp site was a bit difficult to find as it was down a random rough road off of the highway. Unlike other campgrounds, this one maintains overflow… read entire review
photo by: marg_eric