When in Chicken...act like a chicken?

Chicken Travel Blog

Ta da!
If you make it all the way out to Dawson City, you'll soon realize that though there are a lot of people who go all the way to Dawson City for Dawson itself, a lot of them are also just passing through. The main attraction this far north is the Top of the World Highway. After hearing about the drive, Silan did a bit of research and found that the best part is the Yukon side BUT, there was this town on the other side called Chicken. We couldn't resist the opportunity of saying we'd been to a place Chicken so we were off! The drive was amazing. Instead of driving through the valleys of mountains or hills, we were driving along the top of them. And luckily, we had most of the road to ourself.

We had the fully Chicken experience. This entailed lunch at the Chicken Creek Cafe, a beer at the Chicken Creek Salooon, and I bought a bumper sticker from the store.
I'm not sure how she jumps so high.
Weirdly enough, the tiny cafe has wifi so we were able to surf the web for a bit while enjoying a huge slice of apple pie a la mode. We were amazed at how much cheaper gas was here compared to Dawson so we filled up before we all bought matching t-shirts. Every adventure should have matching t-shirts right?

I'm not sure who's idea it was but after doing a bit of research on the internet, we were prepared. It was time to be chickens. Just like Lindsey, George Sr., and Gob taught us on Arrested Development. Priceless.

We ended the day with these kind of weird video thing called Regeneration. All I can say is it was weird. And I almost fell asleep. Finally, we had a full on discussion about whether or not the Dempster was something worth doing.
There was still snow on the highway :)
Personally, I don't know if I want to go all that way (700km) just to turn around. Then again, why are we here in Dawson? Yes, it is the Arctic Circle but I wish there was a way to incorporate it in to the rest of our trip. It would probably take seven days to do comfortably. That means, one day off San Jose, no Oregon sand dunes, and sadly, Yosemite gone. At the same time, when will I ever get to do this again. Or have a ready and willing travel partner. I'd say not for a long time, if ever. The money isn't as big of a deal because of the whole once in a life experience but things do add up.  I wish someone would just tell us what to do!
Ta da!
Im not sure how she jumps so high.
I'm not sure how she jumps so high.
There was still snow on the highwa…
There was still snow on the highw…
Previas...they can go anywhere.
Previas...they can go anywhere.
Buy gas here.
Buy gas here.
I enjoyed this one.
I enjoyed this one.
Funny.
Funny.
Downtown Chicken.
Downtown Chicken.
Be the chicken you can be.
Chicken