Everyone needs some Good Hope

Dease Lake Travel Blog

Great Hope Lake
Another pleasant driving day under our belts. We didn't go too far, probably around 300km. I'm not sure how we did it but we spent the better part of a half hour talking about sandwiches. Around lunch time we drove past this beautiful turquoise lake that we just had to stop by. Luckily, one of us spotted this road going down to the water and without even thinking, we went down it. Turns out it was a boat launching site that was the perfect size for lunch. It's easy to miss so keep your eyes open! We had plenty of room to set up our camping chairs and make lunch. It's so far below the highway that you can hardly hear a thing. It felt like we were in the middle of nowhere and yet we were next to the highway!

We stopped quite a few times in the afternoon trying to hunt down some sort of coin shower.
It's been a while since we had a proper shower. We didn't have much luck and eventually gave up at Kinaskan Lake. We ended up shampooing our hair in the lake with our trusty biodegradable soap. We had a system going whereby we could both use our one bucket and it worked quite efficiently. The only downside to our shower was how cold my feet got but I couldn't complain because my hair finally felt clean.

We walked around the campground a bit and saw this man launching his boat. One day, I want a magical truck that can lower a boat on its own. One minute, the bike was on top of the truck and the next thing I knew, it was lowly sliding back with a series of pulliest etc and then it flipped over and was in the water! Amazing.
Great Hope Lake
Cooking lunch right by the water.
Cooking lunch right by the water.
Down the Cassiar!
Down the Cassiar!
Delicious.
Delicious.
My feet looked a lot redder in rea…
My feet looked a lot redder in re…
Dease Lake Hostels review
Beautiful Lakeside Campsites
Though this campground isn't really near anything, it's definitely worth going the extra distance. All of the sites were very private with lots of fol… read entire review
Dease Lake