Oh what have we gotten ourselves in to?

Vancouver Travel Blog

This trip all started with my best friend asking, "You know what we should do sometime?" I responded with a whole slew of suggestions like watch the stars come out at night, have a picnic, nap at the beach, fly to a foreign country, go on an adventure etc. I wasn't exactly wrong. She replied with how "we should save up for a cheap used car (cheap though reliable) and just spend some time and drive all over...Like up to Alaska, down to the States with all our stuff in the car and a tent and stuff..." Yes, I can quote what she said because this was all over chat. Anyway, from this, our adventure was born. We went all over the place with ideas. We had all these random places we wanted to go to and eventually we figured out we could string them all together and make this epic adventure.

We were both in school at the time (Me: Pittsburgh, her: Vancouver) and basically did all of our planning over email and some skype phone calls.
We established a route and vague dates/deadlines as well as a budget and then started to make reservations for ferries etc. Before we knew it, the some nine months had passed and it was time to start our adventure. A little last minute shopping in Vancouver, tuning up of bikes, fetching of food etc. and we were all set! Our first day was spent driving up the middle of British Columbia towards Prince George. My mom packed us some Chinese buns which we ended up eating for every meal the first two days because we weren't bringing the cooler over to the Queen Charlottes.
ted332 says:
Congrats on the feature! :)
Posted on: May 01, 2010
silan says:
I am sooo articulate

"What do you want to have for lunch?" "Buns."
Posted on: Mar 17, 2009