Hiking in Lapland

Saariselka Travel Blog

Me and my friends decided to go for hiking this weekend. We decided to go to saariselkä, as we had heard that it is very beuatiful area. And yes, IT WAS beautiful!! :D I cannot really put it into words, not even to pictures, it's just something you need to experince yourself.

When we walked there, it was absolutely amazing- like some fairytale. It wasn't the brightest day, there were actually many clouds on the sky, but it didn't bother us. We had few kids with us, so our hiking wasn't the longest ever.. :D Only some kilometers to the lean-to. My friends build their tents, but I wanted to stay outside in that lean-to. It was bit cold when I went to sleep, but my sleeping bag was very warm and the fire was still on when I went to sleep, so it didn't matter.

But before going to sleep, some of us wanted to go to Tankavaara- it's about 500 meters high.. So quite small- but still so much fun. The view was amazing- breath-taking. I couldn't capture it to my pics even. :D

When we came back- it was raining- so I couldn't take any pics- too bad- because it was very beautiful and nice swamp-area.. Maybe next time then. :D

photo by: mountaingirl