Looking for something to drink in the desert :P

Huacachina Travel Blog

taking a few night shots
Finally, finally, after 2 stops (Paracas and other one in Ica), we arrived to Ica main bus station. The bus was comfortable, but I was already bored and had a song stuck in my head. I kept on singing part of the song again and again and guess I was driving Justin nuts, hehehe.

It was already dark, was about 7 by the time we arrived. The minute I saw that city, bad memories started to come back... Oh no!!! hahaha. I asked the "drive"-attendant (how do you call a flight attendant in a bus???) how much I should pay for a cab to Huacachina and that was it. We were ready to go.

Our taxi driver was really kind. In our way to Huacachina, he told me the "Vendimia" (the most important festival in town) just started and suggested to go there to have some fun.
the room was enough comfortable
Mmm, Ica is not my favorite city, so I could suvive without doing it, hahaha. Also Justin didn't seem to be very excited with the idea... So better go to Huacachina and find accommodation.

Walter (our driver) suggested me a hotel, but it was full, so he took us to other 2. We chose the 2nd one. Nothing outrageous. But it wasn't expensive and we just needed a place to crash for 1 night. I commented Walter about the buggy and sandboard, and he told me he knew a company for this tour, actually they just opened a hostel (the one that was full). So we arranged a tour for early next morning. We were in the desert and wanted to avoid the sun... See you tomorrow, Walter!

We left our back packs at the hostel, freshened and were ready to see what Huacachina could offer us... well Huacachina is small and probably it was too early since there were few people hanging out or maybe most of the people were in Ica enjoying the "Vendimia".
enjoying my "Desert nights" cocktail
.. who knows...

There were a couple of restaurants, even one with a nice view of the oasis, but we went to the one that had a better atmosphere. We were getting hungry and it was time to eat something. Justin got chicken with fries and I got a tasty salad, yummy!!! Did anyone say beer? Ok, but before we'd have a cocktail to toast for arriving fine and getting rid of #13, haha.

Justin used to be a photographer and had a really nice camera! He was trying the night shots, hahaha. Our food arrived and it was time for more stories. He was telling me about training elephants in Thailand, a not so fun experience in China, etc. We were having fun and ordered our beer. It was so warm and needed something refreshing, hahaha. Then we started to talk about Uyuni. Justin would fly to La Paz on Monday and wanted to go asap to Uyuni.
Enjoying the Happy Hour
I contacted a TB friend in La Paz who gave me some useful tips - thanks Jose - and gave the info to Justin.

Ok, time to move. It was early, but we would have a long day tomorrow, so better go back to the hotel. They had a nice yard and a pub/bar in the middle. When we crossed the yard, we read: "Happy Hour - Cuba Libre" hahaha, don't need to say where we stopped, hahaha.

We stayed there, chilling out, enjoying the music and chatting. Finally we got tired and went to sleep. Walter would come for us at 8:15am and I wanted to take a walk around before.

the room was enough comfortable
enjoying my Desert nights cockta…
enjoying my "Desert nights" cockt…
the restaurant
nice atmosphere
nice atmosphere
Huacachina Hostels review
Good food, drinks and atmosphere in the Desert Nights
Actually they are a hostel, but we went to their restaurant when we were in Huacachina. They are very well located, really easy to find them. They … read entire review
Huacachina General Tips & Advice review
Going south to Huacachina and the dunes
If you want to do some sandboard and ride a buggy through the dunes, you have to go south. The only way to go there from Lima is driving. Unless, y… read entire review
Huacachina Hotels & Accommodations review
Ok accomodation in Huacachina - Carola del Sur
While we were in Huacachina, our taxi driver drove us to this hotel in order to check it and we ended staying here. It's cheap, but for the same pr… read entire review
Huacachina