EuropeItalyMilan

Weekend in Milan

Milan Travel Blog

Hair show in Milan
This weekend I ventured off to Milan to visit two classmates from Michigan that are currently studying abroad at Bocconi in Milan.  It was a good weekend, but one without much sleep.  I had a 8:30 am flight on Friday and after hanging out on Thursday evening, I was only able to sleep for one hour since I had to leave my apartment at 6:30 am.  I slept for a few on the 2 hour flight to Milan and on the 45 minute bus ride from the airport to central station.

Other than having a lack of sleep, once I arrived on Friday morning I went with my friends to see the Duomo and the Last Supper.  Both were really nice and the Last Supper painting was just as I had imagined it to be.
  Outside of that, there were really no other touristy things to do in Milan.  So we explored various neighborhoods in Milan.  I had a one gelato per day requirement while in Italy, so I had a first gelato at a really cute place called Chocolate.  This place had various types of chocolate gelato and many other flavors as well.  The gelato was asbolutely amazing.  Of all the various places that I had gelato throughout the weekend, this was definetly my favorite one.

For my last day in Milan I spent most of the morning visiting many different super markets in search of some soup that my friend Karima made for me.  It took awhile because most of the markets were closed, but I was able to find three different soups to take back with me to Barcelona.
With friends at Apertivo
  That afternoon we went to an antique fair.  Later that evening, we met some other classmates that we also visiting Milan at apertivo, which is basicaly a happy hour where you only pay for drinks and get to eat food for free.  After happy hour, we went to a hip hop club.  It was fun and I liked the DJ.  Sadly, I ended the evening again with no sleep.  I had a 6 am flight and needed to gave myself 2.5 hours since it takes about an 1.5 hours to travel to the airport.

Overall, it was a good visit.  Milan isn't really a place for touristy stuff.  It is good for shopping, dining, and hanging out.  It was good to see my classmates however and to see how they are enjoying their experience in Milan.  Now I am back in Barcelona, though not well rested.  I think that it will be awhile before I take another trip.
albuch says:
Knowing both cities, which one would you say is better to spend whole week? Milan or Barcelona? Just to explore European culture.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2009