Sevilla

Sevilla Travel Blog

I just spent an amazing two days in Sevilla. Although I am a bit exhausted from the trip, it was well worth it and I am glad that I was able to see a different part of Spain.  Sevilla is such a beautiful city.  I really loved the architecture and the vibrants colors throughout the city.  The weather was also perfect and the sky was so blue, it felt very relaxing.

I traveled with two other classmates and we arrived to Sevilla on Monday morning.  We hit the ground running as soon as we arrived to Sevilla.  We headed over to Triana, a funky little town for lunch and had the typical tapas which Sevilla is known for.  Afterwards, we headed over to Plaza Espana, which was absolutely beautiful.
  While visiting I was amazing that Plaza Espana is not captured anywhere in the guide books as a place to visit and I do not understand why.  I really liked how Plaza Espana had the benches that represented different cities in Spain.

After Plaza Espana, we headed over to the Old Cigaratte Factory or the University of Sevilla, Hotel Alfonso XIII, and the Cathedral.  Later that evening, we went to a flamenco show later that evening at La Caboneria, which has free flamenco.  It was basically a bar with people sitting around watching the show.  Apparently this is how flamenco started before it became an actual production with customs and the such.  I really enjoyed the show.

For the last day in Sevilla we went visited the Alzacar.  After going to the La Alhambra the previous day, I could see many similarities between the two.  As with most of Sevilla I enjoyed the architecture here.  The gardens were breathtaking and so perfect for just relaxing.  After Alcazar, we went to Santa Cruz for shopping and had lunch at a good spot called Duplex.  It was a great day.

I really really like Sevilla.  It represents the typical Spanish city and I had an amazing time.  Even though tapas is a big thing in Sevilla, I was able to eat different foods.  Sevilla will be on my list of places to visit again in the future.

My try at Flamenco