School

Barcelona Travel Blog

 › entry 3 of 21 › view all entries
ESADE Business School
I just finished my first week of classes and I think that its going to be a good semester.  ESADE or Escuela Superior de Adminstracion y Direccion de Empresas (translated: College of Management and Business) in Spanish is where I will spend the semester.  The school has a total of about 200 students in the full-time MBA program so its pretty small.  There are a total of 50 exchange students from various business schools around the world. The full-time students are easily able to spot out the exchange students and so far have been welcoming to us being here.

The school is not located near my apartment and it takes me about 30 minutes to travel there each way by bus.  The school is located in the Pedrables area of Barcelona.
ESADE Business School
  Its pretty residential and not many students live in this area. 

So, I have to take a total of 10 credits to fulfill the requirements of the exchange program.  Each class has either 1 or 2 credits.  Based on the classes that I am interested in and fit into my schedule I will have a total of 6 classes.  The good thing is that all 6 classes do not occur over the three months, some are short in duration (e.g. two weeks of classes or 5 class sessions over 5 weeks).  On most days my first class is at 12:30 pm and I am done at 3 pm.  Thursdays will be my hardest day with my first class at 9 am and my last class ending at 10 pm.   Similar to my schedule at Ross, I do not have class on Friday.  So that leaves a bit more time for travel.

Spanish will probably be my best class.  The class is everyday for 2.5 hours for 10 weeks.  Since my level is basic, I signed up for the beginner class.  Though I do not expect to be completely fluent in Spanish by the time that I leave here, I do hope to be able to survive in a spanish speaking country.

One thing that I really like about the school is the diversity of the students.  Not all of the students at ESADE are from Spain.  I think about 40% are from Spain and the other 60% are from all over Europe, the US, South America, etc.  I think that learning from such a broad set of peers will enhance my learning experience at ESADE.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
ESADE Business School
ESADE Business School
ESADE Business School
ESADE Business School
ESADE Business School
ESADE Business School
Barcelona
photo by: fivepointpalm