Rome Travel Blog

I just spent a lovely three days in Rome.  Before my trip many people mentioned how much I would love Rome, therefore I was very excited to visit.   After spending three days in Rome, I can actually see why so many people say that I would love Rome.  I love the fact that the city has so much history behind it.  While walking through the city, I continued to wonder from what period of time a certain building or monument is from or what the people were like during the time.  I love history, so Rome was the perfect place for me.   I also visited during Semana Santa, so I was able to experience some of the celebrations for the holiday.

I can say that three days was not enough to fully explore the city.  My friend Andrea and I covered as much as we could in the first day.  We walked around all day and visited the bigger places such as the Coliseum, Pantheon, Plaza Espana, the Fountain and many more.   The second day we went to Vatican City.  This occupied much as the day with the visit to St. Peters Basilica and Musee Vatican.   The last day was very relaxing.  We went to Mass in the Vatican and walked through the Travesee area.   It is a nice area that has a different feel from the rest of Rome.  In a way it reminds me of Gracia in Barcelona.

The food that I had in Rome was the best that I’ve had since I’ve been in Europe this time around.  I tried several different pasta dishes, pizzas, paninis, etc.  To say that the food was amazing was an understatement.

I really enjoyed my visit to Rome.  It is definitely a city that takes a full week to explore and is high on my list of places to visit again in the future.

15,788 km (9,810 miles) traveled