Barcelona Arrival

Barcelona Travel Blog

My first night in Barcelona
I have finally arrived in Barcelona!  I am delayed by two days because I was stuck in Paris due to bad weather and all flights were canceled.  I was finally able to leave this afternoon and now I am waiting on a piece of luggage to arrive.  I am still a bit jet lagged, but  overall feeling pretty well.  The weather here is not as great as I thought it would be, however I hope that it gets better over the next couple of days.

My apartment is located in the Gracia district of Barcelona.  Its a younger, hipper, and more residential area of Barcelona.  The apartment is definitely more modern that I expected, but I have no complaints so far.
  There are certainly perks though to my new place - free internet and cleaning service.  My roommate is another exchange student from Duke.  There are two other exchange students from NYU live in my building as well.

Everything seems good so far and I am excited about spending the next three months in Barcelona.  I think there are a total of 50 MBA exchange students from different programs all over.  Everyone seems excited about being in Barcelona and exploring the city.  I think its going to be fun.

So my Spanish is definitely not at the level that I thought it was.  I took Spanish for two years in high school, but that was ages ago.  So I am planning to take a spanish class at ESADE and look into language exchange here as well.  The good thing is that many people speak English so if I am unable to speak in Spanish, I can use English.

I had my first dinner tonight at a restaurant in Gracia, Pomarada.  I had a chance to try sangria and it was amazing! The food was also very delicious.  Though it wasn't a typical Spanish restaurant, I will have plenty of opporunities to explore those while I am here.
photo by: fivepointpalm