Dreaming of Spain

Spain Travel Blog

La Barcelonetta

I briefly visited Spain in 2008. I only travelled the Galicia region where I stayed in Cedeira, and then back to Madrid. There is soo much more I want to see of this country.

I wish to see the Rioja regions, the landscapes, the wineries/vineyards etc.

Barcelona, with its vibrant night life, parks and gardens, architecture by Gaudi, art by Picasso and Salvador Dali and rich history. Setting for Zafon's novel 'The Shadow of the Wind.'

Salvado Dalis Museum/mauseleum

The little memorial town of Belchite that was destroyed in the 1930s civil war thats been left as was after the fighting.

Valencia

Seville

Granada - Alhambra

The South, all the little places that aren't on the tourist map which make you feel like you are really in the country and not competing with other tourists for breathing space.

I want to sit in little bars, eat Tappas, drink Sangria and beer, watch locals as they go about there business. I'd love to wander the streets at dawn, see a city while the people sleep.

hannah-lou says:
Nah thanks JC - I know its spanish tradition but I'm not a supporter of running with the bulls.. Bit of a hippy and think the poor animals should be left in peace.
Posted on: Jul 29, 2009