Free Vacation???

El Nido Travel Blog

This was supposed to be a family vacation but things came up and it ended up just being my best friend(Silan) and I going to El Nido, my favourite place on earth. The trip was already paid for so we basically went on an amazing FREE VACATION!! It was her first time there and who knows when she'll be able to go back so we did EVERYTHING we could! Unfortunately, the weather was a bit overcast and the waves strong but we still had a great time.

DAY 1:
Silan doesn't particularly like airplanes so getting there was interesting. While waiting to board, she managed to catch a glimpse through the window and her eyes grew huge. She turned to me and said "I shouldn't be able to see the WHOLE airplane through ONE window.
" Fantastic. I think I even slept some of the way. Fortunately, airplanes aren't a problem for me. Anyway we arrived there safe and sound. A brief jeepney ride to the town where we got on a boat was interesting. Most of the times when you see white people in the Philippines, they are tourists. Well, the kid sitting across from us must've been in his mid to late twenties and looked white as can be. And then he opened his mouth. We both looked at each other like, "That's weird right?" He was speaking Tagalog...fluently." Anyway that threw us off. By the time we got to the resort and located my cousins/aunt/uncle who were there, it was time for dinner. Got to love the food there. International buffet. And two for one beer during happy hour. I'd say our first day was a success!
jaeden says:
Interesting. I've never heard the word airsick before.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2009
silan says:
I was definitely feeling pretty airsick during that flight
Posted on: Mar 10, 2009