North Point--Season Opener!

Waldorf Travel Blog

the crowded bus

After about an hour on a crowded bus, 60+ athletes plus two coaches unloaded just outside of Eagle Stadium at North Point High School.  This is the largest venue within SMAC, and I am still impressed that this is a public high school facility every time I enter.  This meet I was also impressed by how quickly and smoothly the events ran.  We were done before 7:30, maybe even 7.

Overall, it was a good meet for us.  North Point and Westlake are two of the stronger schools in the league.  We had a number of athletes run better than expected.  The long distance kids set several personal records.  I'm still waiting on official results.  I was so busy helping kids get to their events, fielding injuries and confusion, and talking to parents with their questions and conversation that I don't know the actual places our athletes earned.

a hurdler, a mid-distance runner, and a distance runner

For boys I do know that AC won the 800 and 1600.  PM placed in the shot.  Our 3200 relay also won.

For girls the 3200 relay won.  TH might have won the triple jump which is exciting in combination with JB learning how to high jump.  We've not had strong female jumpers the entire five years that I have been coaching.  KT put on some unexpected speed in the 100 as did TH in the 400.  MB had a good first 800 and BrS survived the 1600.

More results later if I get them as promised.

The way back was a much less crowded ride since many parents took their students home with them.  I got about five pages graded before the growing darkness started to strain my eyes.

the crowded bus
a hurdler, a mid-distance runner, …
a hurdler, a mid-distance runner,…
start of the 100m boys