Happy Hour and Dinner at Crave

Bloomington Travel Blog

Yum yum ahi tuna

Bill (the_bill), Michael (Lord Mike) and I met at the Mall of America for dinner on Friday night to celebrate Michael's birthday.  It has been a long time since the three of us got together for dinner (we missed you Julie!).  We met up on 4th floor at Cantina #1.  I got there just in time for happy hour, so I ordered a beer and some nachos.  Bill and Michael showed up shortly and we devoured the nachos.  Since it was Michael's birthday, we let him choose the restaurant for his birthday meal.  We haven't been to the new Crave restaurant, so we decided to check it out.  We have walked by it several times - in fact, you can walk from the food court along the sidewalk between the main part of the restaurant and the "outdoor" seating by the amusement park.

smiley cookie

We went down a floor, past the food court and to the entrance.  There was a short line out the door, but the wait was only 15 minutes.  We grabbed a beeper and went to the bar.  The bar was full and we couldn't find 3 seats together, so we just stood on the end.  We were happy to find they had Stella on tap, so we each got that (at $6 a beer).  We didn't have to wait long before we were seated.  We sat by the serving counter and it was a fun place to sit and watch everyone coming and going.  So many delicious looking food items went by that I had no idea what they were but wanted to try them.  We had a really fun waiter who made our experience there that much better (see the following review).  We told him about Travbuddy and writing reviews, so he told us he would try to be on his best behavior ;)  The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great.

the birthday boy
  Even though it was a little pricier than most restaurants in the mall, it was worth it.  And even though it felt like a classier restaurant, everyone was dressed casually as well.

After eating WAY too much food, we walked around a little bit to work off some of our desserts.  We stopped for a photo by the Spongebob Squarepants statue and then walked across the rotunda.  That was a little strange for two reasons.  First, there is usually something taking place in the rotunda so you have to walk around.  Second, someone jumped off the fourth floor and fell to their death, right there, two days before.  There was no indication of that tragic event, with the exception of a small barricade up on the fourth floor, but you wouldn't have known why it was there unless you heard about the event on the news.  But aside from that, it was a wonderful evening spent with two great friends.

the birthday boy
drinking milk with class ;)
drinking milk with class ;)
big wine bottle
big wine bottle
lots of wine in the wine room
lots of wine in the wine room
my doggie bag came with an email a…
my doggie bag came with an email …
we hit the beach after dinner ;)
we hit the beach after dinner ;)
my heroes
my heroes
Bloomington Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
So good you might lose your religion
Crave is one of the newer restaurants in the Mall of America, and one of the classier. Located on the third floor, it has a section of seating that o… read entire review