The first interesting places in Italy

Vobarno Travel Blog

Lake Garda

Our next decision was to drive to Lake Garda because we had heard a lot of nice things about this lake.

What a busy place. But we weren’t very surprised because the lake with its surrounding towns and villages is an absolutely magnet for tourists.

The feeling with a mobile home in the middle of the not easy Italian traffic around the lake was very special but not the biggest challenge (as we should discover later).

Finally, we squeezed our vehicle into a parking space, bought our first Italian ice cream and enjoyed a moment of lovely holiday feeling!

The lake surrounded by mountains offers a nice atmosphere even though our discovery of thick ugly pipes in the lake was a little disturbing. Okay, maybe our imagination was a bit too creative but who knows …

Our trip went further to Verona, which pleased me because I was really keen on seeing the famous balcony of ‘Romeo and Juliet’.

But obviously Italian cities aren’t the most welcoming place for mobile homes because we weren’t allowed to drive through the city centre. How disappointing! But Mum tried to make me smile again. She told me that I should imagine this or that balcony as the one and only because the famous one wouldn’t look so much different. That didn’t really cheer me up but, hey, she tried her best. Thanks!

After about 380 km of driving and passing Parma as well we stopped, had dinner and enjoyed the evening in the Toscana.

almond72 says:
You want Romeo to go with it ! I just want Juliet ! Forget the balcony ! :D
Posted on: Jul 23, 2009
huibdos says:
The day (or night) a young man is beneath your balcony, that IS the balcony of R&J of present time
Posted on: Jul 10, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Verona... Is the balcony the "real" one?.... If it isn't your Mum could be right .. one of the others could have been the original!... nice story...
Posted on: Mar 13, 2009