Sundaes that made our holiday!

Brieskow-Finkenheerd Travel Blog

Our last stage guided us from Alsfeld to Erfurt and back home.

After we hadn’t managed to get this so-called fantastic ice-cream in Italy we decided to go to our favourite ice cafĂ© in Erfurt.

Ice café Venezia is one of the best ice-cream selling places I´ve ever been. Fresh ice-cream and tropical fruit bring Italian flair to Erfurt. Better than nothing! And definitely better than at this café in the middle of the Italian nowhere, where we had to serve ourselves!

I had difficulties in picking my perfect sundae once more because every single one looked just so tasty and mouth-watering. Should I order my prefered one from years before or should I take a risk and order an unknown sundae? But would a really be a risk at all?

In the end all of us were happy with our Mango Cup, Schokobecher (Chocolate Cup) and Nuss-Joghurt-Becher (Nut Yoghurt Cup).
It´s a pity that my sister didn´t want such a delicious treat for lunch but she had eaten too many biscuits and chocolate bars the night before - without words.

Hours later we arrived at home with an almost completely damaged mobile home, heaps of exciting stories to tell and ready for a new holiday!!
We had a wonderful, absolutely exciting and fun time but as much as we tried we couldn't deny the nerve-racking details. But, honestly, a holiday without some more or less interesting surprises would have been pretty monotonous and told really quickly!!
sylviandavid says:
your sundae story brings back memories... when we went to disneyland on the first day the girls always ordered ice cream sundaes for breakfast on mainstreet at the carnation shop... names like the matterhorn, a big thunder sundae or victorian banana split... the restaurant would go quiet when these huge sundaes were brought out to our 3 girls... (and consequently every child in the place was displeased with their ham and eggs...) I always think of how funny that was when I hear about a great sundae somewhere.... Love your blog... fun read as always.
Posted on: Sep 13, 2009
almond72 says:
Safe & happy at the end of the journey ? Who did all the driving ? You dad alone ? He must be a robot with the number of hours per day driven. ;D
Posted on: Jul 23, 2009
Koralifix says:
Yes, this café is still there - thank goodness :)
Posted on: Apr 03, 2009