Here we go!

Brieskow-Finkenheerd Travel Blog

On the 6th August our long planned family mobile home holiday began!

My parents, my youngest sister Kim and I had been looking forward to this trip all year long.

Dad, who loves driving cars, buses, mobile homes, scooters (I guess he would even drive a tank if he was allowed - thank God he isn’t), couldn’t wait for endless hours behind the steering wheel, Mum wanted to enjoy the different international impressions, my sister was happy about the big holiday aboard in general and I was absolutely delighted because we had planned to visit some amusement parks.

After Dad had brought the rented and really comfortable mobile home to us we packed all our clothes, food, kitchen and bath utensils and half a ton of maps in the vehicle. The car was a nice model with enough room for four people (and all their stuff), lucky us.

After we had finished our packing we waved goodbye to my other sister (just God knows why she wouldn’t come), my cousin and the neighbours and off we went.

The original travel plan was that we had no special tour. Of course, I would have loved to write down an exact travel plan with two million details but my parents (pleased seamen) just wanted to drift along like on a ship. Hello? We weren’t going on a sailing trip or a cruise, were we? Never mind. Besides my parents overruled me 2:1 so that I was okay with their idea of a relaxing travel. But would it really become a relaxing holiday under the southern sun?

kristinasub says:
so many places on this tour you visited! can i say i'm little jealous :o)
Posted on: Apr 20, 2009
Larrys says:
Awesome blog. Some of those mobile homes are built like tanks with the same gas mileage:)
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Congrats on your featured blog! Way to go :-)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2009