Backpackers Hostel just outside bowen

Bowen Travel Blog

On Saturday 7th March I woke up at 6am, got a taxi at 6.45 then got a coach at 7.20am down to Bowen where James & Gabrielle (owners of the hostel) met me. First thing I had to do was buy food for the week incase the cyclone hits soon and are unable to leave the house as it can be for a few hours or days or up to a week non stop (highly unlikely though). Its so warm here and its been raining lightly but its not really annoying (because its warm!)..and they still get sunny spells during the day sometimes. For example, today in one of the towns we stopped at for food it was scorching hot but most of the trip it was raining or very overcast.

The land which the hostel is on is like a farm, there are farm animals eg chickens here as well as wallabies (which look a little like kangaroos and I walked right up to one which had its baby in its pouch). There are also kangaroos running wild but ive not seen them yet.

At the moment there is only Claire (22), Nicholas (24) (who are both french) and me that are staying here but I have been told more people are coming this week. They seem pretty sound and keen to practice there english on me lol.

Just been informed that Ive to be up by 6am incase James gets a call from the farmer for us to go out and work!

So far im very glad im over here and cant wait to see what lies ahead of me. Hope all that are reading this are well an I miss you all so stay in touch! :)