A night in Malacca

Malacca Travel Blog

Kim decided she would come to Malacca with me for a night, so first thing in the morning we checked out and headed to the bus terminal. We could've gone the cheaper way and gotten a bus into JB then bought our ticket to Malacca, but we were lazy (yes, i've been travelling for not even a week and im getting lazy already!!!) so we bought an express ticket for S$22.

Bus was nice!! Really spacious, reclining seats with air conditioning, the journey took about 4 hours or so. We looked in the lonely planet guidebook and went for one of the cheaper options and stayed in Eastern Oriental guesthouse, was about 26MYR for a double room.. fan only, basically just two single beds in a small room. It was what u got for ur money I guess! There was a small pool type thing under the stairwell which could have been cool to cool off in but we didnt try it.
We went for a walk around the city, the river is lovely at night time, lots of nice lighting and this area seems to have been done up as it is very modern and the pavement seemed new. Had a meal down by the river and then a few drinks at another place we came across.
Not a lot to do in Malacca really, so the next day we took another quick wander then went to the station for me to catch my bus to KL and Kim to go back to Singapore to get a flight to Darwin. ( she was going to come to KL and travel Malaysia for a few weeks, but after the night in Malacca changed her mind and made it back just in time to catch her original flight!)

Malacca