Sentosa and Singapore Sling

Singapore Travel Blog

I decided to stay an extra night in Singapore and a girl from the hostel asked me to go to Sentosa to the beach with her. Ther was a cable car that went across but as we went up the lift to take it she suddenly realised that she was a bit scared of heights... and then when i saw the price I decided I would be scared of heights too.. So we ended up taking the mono rail over to the island.

Didnt see much else of the island so can't really say what it was like, the beach was ok, nothing special really... Nice layout and a good getaway from the city though! The water was heaven!! Soooo nice and warm and the sun was shining which = me getting burnt!! First burn of the trip, was bound to happen!!!
After Sentosa we went back to the hostel to get showered and ready for our night out at Raffles!

Raffles hotel is lovely.

.. nice big old place, but still very stylish and modern! The long bar was quite crowded and we took a seat and ordered our slings. It took me a moment to realise what it was that I was walking on, crunching under my feet... Then I remembered reading about the peanut shells that get thrown on the floor! To do this in Singapore was a real treat, so I took advantage!!
The singapore sling was quite nice, didnt even really know what is in it before I went, but it was just one of those tourist must do's I guess, and i love cocktails so I wasnt going to complain. Well the only thing worth complaining about is the price... but I mean its Raffles, its a big tourist draw, they can charge what they want n im sure people would still come! For 2 singapore slings to total bill came to S$58!!!!

After the slings we headed to Arab st in Bugis to find a sheesha place and get some dinner. I had the BEST donna kebab ever, it was amazing!! The flavours were so fresh but flavoursome, I could've eaten 10 more I reckon.. mmm mm mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh and the apple flavoured sheesha was quite nice too. The place had a really chilled atmosphere. Small square tables surrounded by cushions on the floor. After finishing our Sheesha we were really chilled out and ready to head to bed!