KL for catch ups!

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

I must admit I didnt do a hell of a lot in KL this time... as I will be here another 2 times during my trip, and there isnt a whole heap to do and see here anyway! I stayed on Changkit Bukit Bintang in a place called Bedz KL, really nice hostel- 30 MYR for a 6 bed dorm, 24 hr aircon and really great location!!

Things I did in KL...

I met up with my friend Paul for lunch- some really nice indian food across from his work where we went twice last time.. mm butter chicken there was still just as good!!!

Found a fish spa in BB plaza and I HAD to try it!! Cost 38MR for half hour of this little creatures nibbling away on your feet! I dont think they had been fed in awhile cos they were mighty hungry when i dipped my feet in! It felt really funny at the start, tickled a lot, but it felt good at the same time.

. and I must say, they did a great job at getting rid of the dead skin on my feet!! The actually place was really nice, was just a new shop and they are building a cafe etc out the front. After the session (I ended up staying for an hour cos I was chatting away to the manager and there was no one else in there) you get a really nice cup of chinese tea. I went here again the next day with Gordon a friend I made at the hostel!

Travbuddy meet up!!!
I was a little worried when I organised this that no one would show, but ended up with quite a crowd! It was held at the Island Bistro at the Pavilion- They have happy hour drinks here which end up quite good price for beer!
After chatting for awhile, drinking and eating food, we headed off to the Rum Jungle for some more drinks.

I was planning on having a really big night, but the price was just too expensive- I paid about 35MYR for a beer!! (it was quite large, but still... wow). Gordon from the hostel met us there and we decided to go and get some cans of beer from 7-11 and smuggle them in in my lrge bag... only problem was we got lost!! So everyone else headed home around that time too.
Was lovely to meet everyone, such a wonderful group of people and I hope to see as many of you again as possible!

Traders Bar
Was going to go here last time I was here but never made it... but wow!! Such an awesome bar... about 32 stories up with the best view of the Petrona towers at night. During the day the bar area is a swimming pool... so at night there is a pool in the middle of the room, and with no railing!!! I had bought new shoes to wear that night and thanked my lucky stars that they werent too slippery as the ledge around the pool wasnt too wide either! I am really interested to know though how many people fall into that pool after a few drinks!!!
Prices were quite high here too.

.. but considering the view, would say it was well worth it!! Gordon and I knocked back a few cocktails and treated ourselves to an platter of sundried tomatoes, cheese and marinated mushrooms mmmmmm it was awesome!! After the bar we went and smoked some sheesha then got some chicken nuggets from McDonalds on the way back home :)

Bumped into my friend JD that i met last time I was here (what are the chances, bumped into each other at Gloria Jeans same place we met last time!!) so we went and smoked some sheesha (hmm been doing this a bit too much lately lol) then went to the Reggae bar for some drinks and to play some pool... I'm not the best at pool most times, and when im drinking, well, i'm even worse!! Think I lost like 4 to 1.

Now I am about to head to the airport to catch my flight to KB and head to the Perhentian Islands! My friend Gordon that I made at the hostel took the overnight bus so I will be meeting him there in the morning to catch the ferry over.

ErnaButterfly says:
was great to (finally) meet you at the meet-up, congrats for organizing a fun nite (we'll do a crazy meet-up somewhere else, Langkawi or Bkk maybe? where drinks are cheaper!)

p/s : the bar in Traders is called SkyBar, lovely view! There's another one in Pacific Regency Hotel called Luna Bar.
Posted on: Jun 22, 2009
Kuala Lumpur Hostels review
Excellent Clean accom!
This hostel was recommended to me when I was in Singapore and it was definately an excellent choice! I paid 30MYR per night for a 6 bed dorm. The host… read entire review