Starting to Pack

Seattle Travel Blog

I still have 12 days before I leave for Bangkok, but that doesn't stop me from starting to pack for my trip. I was cleaning out my closet and drawers's that time to swap the winter clothes for the summer stuff. While I was doing that, I put aside the summer stuff that I plan to take with me to Bangkok. I figure I won't be wearing it before I doesn't really get warm enough for sleeveless until June around I may as well pack it. I also started to charge up my camera batteries and gathering up all the charging equipment so I remember to pack it. The hard part is trying to decide which clothes to take. I have a ton of clothes with many favorites, but I know I can't pack everything. If I were only taking the backpack like last year, I know I'd really have to pick and choose carefully. But this year I'm going to check a small bag, which means I'll probably take way more than I really need. My size doesn't help things....everything I tried on today just emphasized how fat I've gotten and it sucks!

I wasn't always fat. In fact, an hour after I had my first kid, I was down to 128...two whole pounds lighter than before I got pregnant! I didn't start having weight problems until I had surgery that messed with my hormones. And a year after that, I tore my ACL and couldn't play sports anymore (the Air Force never fixed it). So, I constantly struggle to lose weight. I miss being smaller when I could hike for miles and not mind the inclines. Of course, age also has a hand in my physical condition.

Ok, enough whoa with me....been in a weird, weepy mood all day and I need to snap out of it! I think I'll do what my body is telling me to do and go to bed at a decent time for a change.
giotravel says:
Can't wait to see pics when you are back, have a great trip
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009
martinezsmi says:
i wish i was more like you
i will be packing on the third close to midnight
always have to take two credit cards for things i forgot. lol
Posted on: Mar 24, 2009