Shopping for the trip

Seattle Travel Blog

Well, I went and did it...I bought a netbook to take with me on my trip. While I have a perfectly fine laptop, it's really heavy and I didn't really want to be carrying around extra weight with me. My netbook is am HP mini and weighs about 2.3 lbs. It has built-in wireless and bluetooth, too. It's perfect for when I travel and want to blog and upload photos from my hotel room! It was on sale, so that helped me decide to just do it.

I've also bought a bunch of new, summery, outfits for the trip. The problem is that between the new clothes and some of my older favorites, there's too much to choose from! I hate packing....I always end up taking way more than I really need, but it's so hard to decide. Nepal was easier to pack for...I only took a backpack and knew I was going to be in very dirty, dusty areas and wouldn't need anything dressy. So I only took two pairs of pants (one could be made into shorts), a pair of leggings and five tops for two weeks. I know I'll be meeting people for drinks and going to dinner, so I don't want to look as grungy. For the same amount of time planned for Bangkok, I have packed three skirts, four pair of pants, a sarong, and about seven tops. I shouldn't have to wash things out as often this trip. I never wore socks in Nepal and probably won't need them this trip, but I'll take a couple pairs of disposables just in case. Same with the undies...packing the disposables and just going to toss them after wear. A few less things to bring home. Which reminds me....I should pack an extra bag (like a duffle) to fill with things I buy over there (making a note).

Only a week to go! I'm getting very excited now!
X_Drive says:
I just bought one too. Excellent for trips, but at my age the screen is too small, so I'll only use it on trips. Mine is an Acer.
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009