Making Lists

Seattle Travel Blog

New sarong
Only a few more weeks to go! So now's the time I start making my list of what to pack. Using X-Drive's brilliant idea of color coding on a spreadsheet, I have my list and know which items goes in what bag.

I've been doing some research on what the typical Thai wears and found out they are modest when it comes to clothes...they frown on women wearing shorts and sleeveless tops. So, I made sure to order a couple of skirts to pack as well as a sarong (found one in a plus-size that actually fits me). Instead of tank tops, I going to find other shirts to pack. I don't want to stick out as a tourist more I already will.

I'm not sure I'll need it, but I also had some extra passport pictures taken in case I need one for a visa. It's the one thing I forgot when I traveled to Nepal, so I ended up standing in a long line to get a photo taken to get through immigrations. I want to be prepared this time.

I was just thinking the other day...I haven't even tried to learn any Thai nor have I bought a language book. I'm usually better prepared and know a few key phrases, so I'm chastising myself for not being prepared. But the, I only decided to travel to Bangkok in January, so it's not like I've had much time to learn a new language.I guess I'll pick up a phrase book and read it on the plane.
My Checklist