White Water Rafting in Sg Itik, Perak, Malaysia

Perak Travel Blog

Im not a big fan of outdoor sports.

But as it is part of my job to create exciting activities for our teambuilding event, me and a colleague recce this activity - White Water Rafting.

This place is located about 1 hour, from the capital of Perak, Ipoh. It is about 3 hours from Kuala Lumpur.

To get to the river, we went through a stomach knotting hour journey by car. And the best part, towards the end, we even have to board a huge lorry! But this is truly an experience of a lifetime! :)

We started by listening to some basic instructions, and put on our safety gear.

We then need to do a safety swim. This is to ensure we can swim and will not be shock by the cold water and rapid should we fall.

Once we are ready, we board the little raft and weeeeeeeeeeeee.... off we go!

1st few rapids was easy... we followed the instructions clearlly, lean left and right when needed, and most important one is "BOOM BOOM" which is duck as low as you can and hang on tight.

BUt when we approach the middle of the river, the current is strong and rapid is bigger. The raft almost overturn several times. I was freaking out as there were huge rocks all over and I do not want to crash into them! Thankfully, our marshall was really experienced, kept the raft afloat.

THe journey at the end of the river was rather relaxing. We cruise along the river, watching the birds and little kampung kids  ran around naked.

Here are some pictures, taken by the management crew from another raft! :)

Had a great time, but this will  be the last time Im ever doing this!

Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Looks like you had some big water, and still stayed in the raft, good for you!
Posted on: Mar 08, 2009