Costa Rica Adventure Arenal, Montverde, Samara and the Osa

Costa Rica Travel Blog

Time for lunch, open air

Costa Rica Adventure - 04    Warning  very detailed....

Wednesday 3/10 �" American flight to Dallas from Sacramento on time. 2 ½ hour layover. Jim & Jan, my husband Ken and I set out for a vacation filled with relaxation and adventure.   Flying over the airport I was surprised to see all the lights, knowing we were 45 minutes from San Jose I expected the area to be more rural. Rough windy landing at 9:30pm in San Jose.  Long line to go through immigration & customs, took 45 minutes. Nice newer airport.  15 minute shuttle ride through the town of Alajuela to the Orquideaus Inn.  Marilyn Monroe Bar was closed when we arrived at 11:20 pm.  The Grounds were dimly lit and we couldn’t see what the area looked like. A guard with a rottwieler dog was walking around and another one tied up by a tree. It was breezy out but nice. Our room was simple it had 2 queen beds, tile floor and was clean. Fell asleep fast and being the light sleeper I am was awakened off and on by barking dogs.  Then around 4:30am the sound of trucks on the nearby road was enough to keep me awake.  No one else was bothered by the dogs or traffic noise.