The Great Rift Valley Adventure

Lake Baringo Travel Blog

This was part of my road trip adventure : Lake Baringo is located in the northern part of the Rift Valley and is a fresh water lake with great camp sites and lucury lodged right on the lake shores. When my friends from the University and I arrived here after days of travel, it felt like heaven, I mean we were exhausted but the excitement kept us balanced on our feet long enough to crash a private party on the beach the night we arrived . . . Many of the people/ tourists were here for bird watching which I did not know was a big deal until then. Lake Baringo is well known for the great bird life,  in fact I still remember meeting the bird watching guide (professional, can't remember what they call them) at the  beach that night, he was a pleasant guy (British) I believe with a local assistant Manuel. One of my girlfriends from the University was from Kenya and her home was Lake Baringo, she was from the cattle herding tribe of Njemps who have predominantly lived in this region for many years. This was a long time ago and Njai and I since lost contact. It was a beautiful time, I wish I had the remembrance of yesterday for thsi time, it was a memory well made then. It taught me about birds and time on the shores of a lake (I do not like large expanses of water though).

Lake Baringo