Duncannon PA

Duncannon Travel Blog

Self portrait
A postcard from Jon arrived in the mail today postmarked from Boiling Springs, PA.  He's somewhere North of Duncannon PA now, after staying at the Doyle hotel for a night (in the Honeymoon Suite!).  He says:
"I was stopped by a random lady who, upon confirming that I was indeed a hiker, pressed this postcard into my hand, pleading "Write Your Mom!"

About Duncannon:

Yay the Doyle Inn!  Great company, fantastic pulled pork BBQ OMG!  Received a mention in Backpacker Magazine, well earned!  Must send them a photo of my completion.  Was dropped off at the Doyle by Butch from PA, who renamed me Moosegut.  Met Legs at the bar, ate (again) & watched Kill Bill.  John the bartender is very funny.  Stayed up till 11:30.  Bad idea.  Resupply went very well.  Under 1/2 hour in the grocery store.

Here I mailed my pack cover and other excess weight.  I'm beginning to pare down my gear & food.  Less excess, more efficiency.  Gave extra food to hiker box and 2nd floor.  Left at 9 after eating large at the local diner.

vances says:
Spelling correction --> it's the Doyle Hotel...started in 1929 by my great uncle!

Posted on: May 01, 2009