The Beginning

Lake Front Royal Travel Blog

Our heroes begin their journey, Friday night at the trailhead.
Yesterday, Friday April 3rd at 10:45am, his plane departed from Albany intl. on a one-way flight to Baltimore MD. He was received there by family friends Woody and Ann, parents of Jon's travel buddy for the weekend, Tom.

Their first section of the trail began around Bear Hollow, near Front Royal VA (just north of Shenandoah Ntl. Park). After a grocery/supply stop and last-minute adjustments (including dinner at Taco Bell), Jon and Tom began their trek in the early evening braving strong winds and slightly soggy conditions. As far as we know, everything's underway and going smoothly.

More is soon to come, so stay tuned! You can also access this page more quickly on the web at Come back soon!

--We put in at 9:30, after driving past the trail head twice- it was very dark and the path very easily missed.  I cannot thank Ann or Woody enough.
aieko says:
Good luck, Jon! Hello Jackie!
Posted on: Apr 11, 2009
mashamoo says:
(this is Josh's Maria BTW... But I'm sure you already figured that out :) I'm also sure you won't actually see this comment for a really really long time anyway!)
Posted on: Apr 04, 2009
mashamoo says:
I can't wait to read more!
Posted on: Apr 04, 2009
Our heroes begin their journey, Fr…
Our heroes begin their journey, F…
Lake Front Royal