Brrrrrrr........... Genting Highlands, Malaysia
Genting Highlands Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
Me & hubby did a double date trip to Genting Highlands Malaysia. Its a romantic place, only an hour plus from where we live, so, why not escape there for a weekend break! I love being in Malaysia, this is one of the perks! We are able to enjoy little breaks every now and then, cheap and convenient! :P
Genting Highlands is located at an altitude of 1,800 metres above sea level and is one of the most developed hill holiday in Malaysia. Its temperature ranges from 15 °C to 24 °C throughout the year and is a place for one to escape the heat of the cities. This place is a popular destination for local as well as foreign visitors too! hehehehe... :P It takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to drive up the hill from the city of Kuala Lumpur. It is also called the City Of Entertainment and rightly so as you will be able to enjoy the various attractions and modern facilities on this hill resorts. Kids truly loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it here!!!
Some interesting points to note about Genting Highlands.
- Has entertained visitors from many different countries of the world.
- The Genting Skyway is the longest cable car in South East Asia. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the mountains and valleys from the cable car.
- It has 6 hotels with more than 10,000 guest rooms and suites for you to choose from. The First World hotel is the biggest hotel in the world.
- The nation's only casino is located here. YIppeeeeeeeeeeee! When I was little, used to dream of going into a casino! hehehehe...
- Genting International Convention Centre has hosted many world class conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Has more than 90 dining outlets. KFC, MacDonald, Chinese restaurants, western restaurants and other fast food chain restaurants are all located here.
.Both the adults and children will be able to find some rides that are thrilling and remembered for a long time to come.
There are also many performances such as magic shows that the entire family can enjoy. They can be quite pricey though......
Asia's only free fall sky diving simulator called Sky Venture is located here. Experience the thrill of falling under the guidance of qualified instructors. I did not try this, but plan to, soon!!!
For those of you who enjoy the nature, try jungle trekking and horse riding at Awana ranch. You will discover the many beautiful flora and fauna that abounds in this place. But as the weather is really cold, its a bit hard to breathe as you hike.
Golf enthusiasts will find the 18-hole golf course in Awana Golf and Country Resort a challenging course. The cool weather makes this course one of the favorites among golfers and many come back here for more. My hubby loves to play golf here, but again, it is a little pricier than in KL.
For those of you abroad who have not been here, do try to make a quick pit stop if you are in KL, you wont regret it.